The Australian legal fraternity is in shock today, after an unprecedented ruling by a Sydney magistrate.

The NSW Police have been stung with $100,000 legal bill over the “terrifying” arrest of NRL star Curtis Scott in January, making the 22-year-old the first rugby league footballer in the history of human civilisation who actually did nuffin wrong.

This follows a lengthy court case following the wrongful arrest of the Canberra Raiders centre earlier this year.

Curtis Scott was charged with multiple offences in January, after he was found drunkenly sleeping in Moore Park, which is a much better option for a young bloke than driving home pissed, or causing a nuisance in public.

But the trumped up charges, including assaulting police and resisting arrest, were withdrawn or dismissed earlier this month after the court was shown footage from the officers’ body-worn cameras.

Scott, who had been drinking at the Ivy rooftop pool bar like a king prior to his arrest, appeared disoriented, before the cops punched him in an attempt to wake him up, and then handcuffed him.

Curtis Scott finally awoke to pepper spray in his eyeballs, before he was shot with a taser and arrested.

The NSW cops then spent eight months investigating this body cam footage that the NRL Integrity Unit was able to dismiss as police brutality within minutes of seeing it in January.

However, today, Curtis Scott has had his reputation repaired as a young bloke who is responsible enough to sleep off a rugby league skinful in the park.

The police haven’t really apologised or anything like that, because they honestly still think they did nothing wrong, and have only paid his legal fees after being ordered to by the courts.

This particular example of unbridled police brutality, which took place in the centre of Sydney, to an elite sportsman, has really given the general public quite good insight into how they keep accidentally killing innocent Indigenous people who never get a headline.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here