City Ranger accidentally gives himself parking ticket; takes matter to court

Stephen John Branks ruining another wage earners day near Stanley Street in Sydney's inner city.
Stephen John Branks ruining another wage earner’s day near Stanley Street in Sydney’s inner city.

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | errol@betootaadvocate.com

A CITY OF Sydney parking ranger has ended up in local court after accidentally giving himself a parking ticket.

Rather than paying the somewhat extortionate $104 fine, ranger Stephan John Branks has elected to have the matter heard before a court.

“It was an honest misunderstanding,” says Mr Branks.

“I was only parked for 2 minutes,”

The move to have the case heard before a court has met with little sympathy from other members of the public.

“If that little c**t gets out of his ticket, I’ll f**king explode,” says Maroubra electrician Peter Mortlocke.

“I’ve had hundreds of f**king tickets in my day and if he’s f**king stupid enough to book himself, then I say tough f**king s**t,” says Mr Mortlocke.

In 2013, The City of Sydney generated over $33 million in parking fine revenue – which has prompted criticism from motorists.

The money generated from these fines has been earmarked for council projects such as playgrounds and bike lanes.

“We’re using the money to improve infrastructure for all residents,” says councillor Robert Kok.

“The City of Sydney 2030 vision includes a reduction in motor vehicle traffic and promotion of public and bicycle traffic.”

However, Robert Mortlocke disagrees with the plan.

“How in f**ks name am I supposed to get my tools and parts to a f**king job site if I’m forced to ride a bike?”

“I’ll tell you what, the moment I get told I’ve got a terminal disease, I’m going to shoot one of those f**king ranger c**ts just to watch them die.”

Mr Branks will have his parking fine heard before Downing Centre Local Court on December 12.

19 Responses to "City Ranger accidentally gives himself parking ticket; takes matter to court"

• rodney rude   November 8, 2014 at 9:59 am

its called colouful language diedre you shiteating bitch. just because your pissflaps are like john waynes saddlebags, doesnt give you the right to tell others how they should or shoulnt express an opinion fuckwit

• Really Deirdre?   November 8, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I could have sworn in your post you were referring to someone else as stupid, as well as calling out others for having low intelligence. Come on. Would you like me to define irony for you?

1. Mark   November 7, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I don’t the paper should have printed Mr Mortlocke’s comments. Its enough to disagree with the City of Sydney Council Ranger but to say: ” I’m going to shoot one of those f**king ranger c**ts just to watch them die.”
    Maybe the Police should look into these harsh comments. Don’t break the Law and you wont get a Ticket. Simple

2. AJ   November 8, 2014 at 9:32 am

Ha,ha, the weekend Today show on channel nine have picked this up as a real story…..

3. Barbara   November 10, 2014 at 3:26 pm

That’s my ex husband in the photo, and he is really what everyone says he is.
    Anyhow, my ex deserved what he got from his own stupidness and good on yous’e all for calling him all those names. He is really obnoctious in real life also, he makes up all them excuses like only 2 minutes.

I’m telling all you judges in the court don’t believe him! Hes full of lies. He lied to me before we got married and he still keeps lying. And he always tries to get away with stuff he does. He still keeps giving me parking fines when I’ve done nothing to him just to get back at me. I won’t go on much more but just to say that you’ve got to be a dumb idiot to believe him.

• Lee   November 11, 2014 at 9:57 am

You must be delusional as well as illiterate. I’ve known this man for many years & not only does he not have an ex wife, he wouldn’t put up with someone of your obviously low intellect.

4. Luciano   November 11, 2014 at 8:55 pm

magnificent points altogether, you just gained a new reader. What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?

5. Sunday   November 12, 2014 at 12:04 am

This internet web page is genuinely a walk-through for all the information you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you will absolutely discover it.

6. max denehy   November 25, 2014 at 4:19 pm

The dickhead ranger admits he parked (albeit for 2 minutes)so he should cop it sweet & pay the fine.dya reckon he’d let us off?do rangers shit in the woods?

7. Oldfogie1   November 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm

The officer issued a ticket because it showed an offense without realising it was his own car. His fighting it in court shows he believes that the fine is undeserved. He should explain why he issued a fine that he knew was undeserved in the first place. Why should he be absolved from paying a fine that he thinks everyone else should pay? Why is he above the law? He is a hypocrite of the “do as I say and not as I do” variety and I have no sympathy for him whatever.

• Lee   November 26, 2014 at 5:10 pm

This didn’t happen, can’t believe that anyone thinks this is a real story

8. My Profits Club Program   February 16, 2015 at 12:38 pm

It’s great that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our dialogue made
    here.

9. www.essexcaraudioandalarms.com   March 2, 2015 at 2:12 am

Hi to every body, it’s my first visit of this website; this web site consists of amazing and actually good
    information in support of readers.

10. dattestleri   March 13, 2015 at 7:08 am

hobi amacıyla D

11. Evo Pill   March 13, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I will forward this article to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a very good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

12. consultoria seo   March 14, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Genuinely when someone doesn’t understand after that its up to
    other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

13. pensioner queensland   April 21, 2015 at 11:47 pm

In the U.S., a person’s major source of revenue could be job or jobs.
    Your financial health is paramount to your future. Likewise, the way to add
    meaning and value to our everyday life in retirement is perform.

14. Pingback: Take what you read on the internet with a grain of a salt | Emma Morris