CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT
A recent report by the CSIRO has found that 90% of straight Australian males have at one point in their life relished at the opportunity to wear fishnet stockings and sometimes even lipstick to dress-up parties.
With Mad Mondays, birthdays, 40ths and toga night’s around the country constantly featuring classic examples of usually tough and blokey men wearing high heels, The Betoota Advocate has been commissioned to ask why this happens.
Q. The Betoota Advocate today asks the question, why do men love dressing up as women but still feel uncomfortable singing along to ABBA while watching Priscilla Queen Of The Desert?
- Since Dame Edna, Australian culture has an element of quirky gender-blurring engrained into it whether we like it or not.
- Australian women actually think its hot when a guy is comfortable enough to show off their pins at a party
- It is an important process for Australian men to test the waters of gender fluidity at some point in their life
- It is fucking funny when a bloke who wouldn’t usually have a feminine side dresses up as a woman
- 90% of all Australian men are inherently bisexual