CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT
When it comes to new outbreaks of the pandemic, the attention is no longer on Melbourne anymore.
South Australian Health authorities are working around the clock to contain a new cluster in Adelaide’s northern suburbs.
SA Health said the latest cluster began when a medi-hotel employee contracted the virus and spread it to their extended family.
Australians of all ages and political persuasions are taking this potential second wave very serious today, as their state government announces a new round of significant social distancing restrictions.
After months without a case of community transmission, Premier Steven Marshall yesterday announced the closure of gyms, and caps on private gatherings and funerals for the next two weeks.
“We are facing our biggest test to date,” Mr Marshall said.
Seventeen cases had been confirmed on Monday evening, with more restrictions expected if the outbreak cannot be neutralised.
However, the biggest fear for both South Australians and Australians out of state is not the effect that a second lockdown will have on the economy this close to Christmas – but more the possibility of more Fringe Festival darlings trying their hands at writing a screenplay.
Former Turnbull Cabinet Minister, Christopher Pyne is reportedly the number one concern – with Australians growing increasingly worried that the retired Liberal MP will have a crack at a bit of young adult fiction.
Pyne refused to give a straight answer when asked by The Betoota Advocate whether he was planning on finally mapping out his political-action-romance thriller.
“What I will say is” Mr Pyne told our reporters over the phone.
“Don’t you worry about my contribution to the letters”
“We are already spoilt for former politicians writing fiction”
“I heard Tony Abbott is working on his memoirs”