INGRID DOULTON | Professor of Women’s Issues | firstname.lastname@example.org
She had one goal, to break the internet.
We saw twitter crash at the last Oscar’s due to the amount of retweets and favouriting of Ellen’s selfie… It’s obvious that Kim Kardashian wanted to do something similar, with her recent nude photo-shoot for Paper Magazine. Here’s why it didn’t work:
1. Every young man with any form of computer skills have already seen much more explicit images/videos of Mrs West. Namely her 2007 sex-tape with D-list R’n’B star, Ray J.
2. She’s a mum now, that puts her in a niche market for pornography. Some like it, but not all.
3. Her husband is getting less revelant in age, so is her mother… the world knows too much about Kim’s life to enjoy exploiting her, like we do with normal pornstars.
4. The photos were photoshopped… and if they weren’t then her body is peculiar.
5. We forgot why she is famous, something to do with a ten year career in porn.
6. The motorbike video clip was better, the Seth Rogan parody was better then that.
7. REDFOO OUT-TRENDED HER THIS WEEK. Men disrespecting women is more dramatic then women disrespecting themselves..
8. Nothing is going to create more online discussion then racist cops or women getting ‘cat-called’ – Kim should have posed for ten hours in downtown NYC.
9. Images of naked people fail to excite even early teenagers anymore, The Fappening changed everything.
10. The poses weren’t sexy, too much oil. This made for an endless amount of memes.