19 September, 2016 12:35

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Surry Hills mother, Lynne Seede, is having trouble deciding which elite private school she should book Tarquin and Geneva into.

“I hope whichever religious institution we decide upon is supportive of Tarquin and Geneva’s decisions,” she says.

“For the good part of the decade, I’ve successfully raised two gender-neutral children, but its getting to that point where they might need to start wearing stockings in winter,”

While Lynne’s husband, Mark – a succesful investment banker – says he pretty much just assumes their genders are the one they appear to have been born with, the children, aged eight and seven are yet to wear any pink clothing.

“I just want them to be comfortable with who they are,” says Lynne.

“And if that means they have to wear bland, unisex clothing and not play sport, then so be it”.

This isn’t the first time Lynne Seede, a publicist and food blogger, has made the headlines with her alternative lifestyle and non-stop instagram profile.

In October last year, Mrs Seede put forward a proposal to local council that enforce an official gluten-free zone to cover roughly two kilometres of Crown street, one of the busiest night life precincts in Australia.

“We aren’t asking for this. We are demanding it,” she said at the time.

“There are thousands of Surry Hills residents that recognise gluten can be harmful, and quite frankly, we don’t want it here,”

14 Responses to "Surry Hills Mum Hoping Kids Pick Their Genders Before She Sends Them To Private School"

1. Keith   September 19, 2016 at 4:57 pm

So she wants to give her kids a choice to chhose what gender they are but doesn’t allow anyone else to choose what food we eat in a certain area…. Some people…really, why do we listen

2. Amber   September 20, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Just. Wow.

3. nicole   September 21, 2016 at 6:05 am

Just saw a reference to this website in the BBC news article and decide to visit right away.

From what is saw so far it will mean I can find relief and a laugh when I am sick reading MSM stuff for a while.

• BRYAN RAE   September 22, 2016 at 5:29 am

you and me both

4. Bruce   September 21, 2016 at 7:40 am

WTF? Letting kids choose their own genders? In our day they would be told what bloody gender they are and damn well like it. Typical of our child-centric society today. Think I’ll move to Betoota.

5. Stephen Titchmarsh   September 21, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Build a wall!

• Hugh   September 24, 2016 at 2:45 am

I feel sorry for the people of Australia that they do not have another country sharing a border that they can force to pay for their wall. (Sad face emoji goes here)

• Bill from Biloela   September 26, 2016 at 5:49 pm

We could go’n build one round the Hutt River Province. That would teach em a lesson or two, them lot, coming here and takin all our jobs. They don’t send their best people, you know!

6. Laura   September 21, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Let’s all move to Betoota! I’ll eat my gluten out of a gender specific plate in peace.

7. craig   September 22, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Just come here after reading about this paper in the UK. It’s bloody brilliant. Keep up the good work 🙂

8. ginsfurrywotgotf!   September 23, 2016 at 1:14 am

ogle bogle jogle mate and jimbly doodle gotf wot!?

9. soz   September 23, 2016 at 11:22 pm

I can’t believe there people who actually believe that these stories are real – don’t you understand humour? blooming marvellous and reminds me of my 10 years living in Australia; brilliant and now sending links to all my friends!

10. Bill from Biloela   September 24, 2016 at 12:37 am

Geez I dunno if I approve of all this gender liberalism – it’s confusing. When I was a kid some nameless faceless official just wrote yer sex down on the birth certificate, and if you didn’t like it well tuff. Damn lucky, when I think of it, that they got mine right first time, otherwise that beaut Triton 2 horsepower plunge router me uncle gave me at my christening woulda been all in vain.