6 May, 2015. 16:55
IMRAN GASHKORI | Sports | firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s a new standard when it comes to masculinity. It’s one that embraces mediocrity – and it seems that the players and the fans of the NRL are pioneers of this craze.
It’s called the “Dadbod,” a new way to describe that guy who lives his life between bursts of fitness. What could be a solid abdominal region, is covered by a layer of soft pudge. It’s a term that’s forced itself into the mainstream over the last few days.
The fact that this unique body type is finally being acknowledged has been received well by a vast majority of Australian men, many of which have sloppy rigs. The fact that it has now become “sexy” is even better.
The “dadbod” was brought to light initially by Mackenzie Pearson, a 19-year-old American college girl who wrote about the new craze about a month ago. Pearson’s post, called “Why Girls Love The Dad Bod,” describes the physique as “a nice balance between a beer gut and working out.” –
Australian females have embraced this craze by insisting that they too find a sloppy rig to be sexier than a well-sculpted one, with many pointing the NRL as the number one source of “dadbods”
A survey hosted by The Guardian has today suggested that Australian women are, now more then ever, openly fascinating about NRL footballers and fans – with majority pointing out that chubbier means sexier.
According to this survey, the top ten sexiest Australian “Dadbods” are as follows:
1. George Rose III* (Hunky prop, plays for St. George-Illawara Dragons)
2. Aaron Woods* (One of the sloppiest whiteboy rigs out there, West Tigers)
3. Ben Hannant* (Queensland Maroons workhorse, chunky blonde Mormon)
4. Chris Sandow* (Fluctuating Cherbourg boy, current Parramatta Eels icon)
5. Jamal Idris* (Consistently fat Penrith player)
6. Sam Thaiday* (Broncos former captain, large unit)
7. Joe Hockey (Federal Treasurer)
8. Peter Hellier (Fat-arsed loudmouth from Channel 10’s The Project)
9. Willie Mason* (Veteran club-slut, sex icon)
10. Gorden Tallis (Current Triple M commentator, former NRL psycho)
* means current NRL player