“Gay Marriage Will Hurt Kids” Says Church At Centre Of Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

"We worry about the kids" says Betoota's new Pastor, Father John Cummins, he was recently relocated to the Channel Country after running into 'some mischief down in Ballarat'.

“Gay Marriage Will Hurt Kids” Says Church At Centre Of Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

13 October 2016. 15:25

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

In a turbulent week for marriage equality, the Australian Catholic Church and Christian lobby have been expectedly vocal about their definition of what marriage is and what it represents.

“We worry about the kids” says Betoota’s new Pastor, Father John Cummins, he was recently relocated to the Channel Country after running into ‘some mischief down in Ballarat’.

“The kids aren’t going to know what to think, when they see two consenting grown ups expressing their love for one another in a completely legal fashion,”

The Church, which won’t allow it’s ordained representatives to get married, says marriage should be between a man and a woman and argues that children will be affected by the lack of a sacred bond between two different genders in their early spiritual journey.

Cardinal Pell has also spoken out on the issue.

“Anyone who knows me would attest that when it comes to the welfare of children… I am the most vocal of them all,”

“I simply can’t sit back and watch an entire generation of children be abused by a bureaucratic system that should quite frankly know better,”

The Catholic Church has even gone as far as sending out anti-gay marriage propaganda. The “pastoral letter” published by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference late last year, refers to same-sex marriage as a “serious injustice”.

Andy Smith (56) a local child sex abuse victim says the Catholic Church should know a fair bit about serious injustices.

“Put it this way, in 40 years time, I don’t think we will be having a Royal Commission into gay marriage or gay adoption,”

“Putting a kid in the hands of a loving same-sex couple seems like a much better idea than putting a stable of young kids in the hands of a brotherhood of pedos,”

“I thought we’d kind of learnt to not listen to the Catholics anymore?”

 

6 Responses to "“Gay Marriage Will Hurt Kids” Says Church At Centre Of Royal Commission Into Child Abuse"

  1. Bill Gates   October 14, 2016 at 1:13 pm

    I think of Catholics like police..

    Most police and Catholics have good intentions and stand up for what they believe in..

    However there are a small number of bad apples within their ranks yet even the good members feel compelled to protect those who are members of there brotherhood.

    Reply
  2. Rhonda   October 14, 2016 at 3:06 pm

    One would think people should be more worried about the deity delusionist teachings they are trying to force onto children let alone the abuse such as these church persons perpetrate!!

    Reply
  3. Pudenda Non Grata   October 15, 2016 at 10:04 am

    “…….“Putting a kid in the hands of a loving same-sex couple seems like a much better idea than putting a stable of young kids in the hands of a brotherhood of pedos,”……”

    Better idea for whom?

    Reply
  4. Jeez.   October 20, 2016 at 12:32 am

    Give us a break.
    99% of Catholic priests give the other 1% a bad name.

    Reply
  5. Ketut   October 21, 2016 at 12:39 pm

    I agree with Rhonda

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.